School of Rock

This past weekend I took a mini vacation to New York with my dad. I did a ton of fun things, but my favorite part of the trip was going to see the School of Rock on Broadway.  This show was unbelievable. One of my favorite movies as a kid was School of Rock. I watched it all the time. So I was especially excited when we bought tickets for this show.  Right before the show started, someone over the speaker announces that all of the music in the show was live. I thought this was a little weird for them to say because I just assumed all musicals on broadway were live. As I watched the show, I soon realized why they felt the need to announce that.  The kids in the show played their instruments like professionals. Honestly, some were better then professionals. Even though they announced before hand that the music was all live, I couldn't believe it.  This show was honestly one of the coolest shows I have ever seen.  At the end of the show when all the kids were taking a bow, I caught my self actually crying because of how amazed I was by the talent these kids had.  This just proved to me even more to never underestimate what kids can achieve.

Comments

  1. I love New York. I went their for my thirteenth birthday during Christmas break. It was so fun and their Broadway's are so good. I went the week before Christmas so all of New York had lights and decorations. I agree as well that children should never me underestimated. They are smarter than we give credit for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so jealous. I have yet to visit New York. I'm glad you had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome! I have always wanted to see a Broadway show in New York

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment