Notebook

I am homeschool teacher/ tutor for two boys. One is 12 and one is 10. The twelve year old is dyslexic and struggles mainly with spelling and writing down his thoughts. I will ask him to tell me about a chapter that he just read and he will go into crazy detail. Then, I will ask him to write that down and he won't be able to put as much detail in his writing as he had just described to me.  I decided to start a personal journal with him to get him writing more often and about things he actually enjoyed. Right now I am giving him writing prompts but I am hoping that he will eventually be able to come up with something to write on his own.  We have only written in his journal four or five times but I can seriously already see an improvement in the detail of his writing.  I am really looking forward to him growing as a writer this semester.

Comments

Post a Comment